What is a Sustaining Member?
89.1 WBOI Sustaining Members are simply donors that choose to give monthly rather than all at once. The program was created to make giving easy. As a Sustaining Member, your payments are set up to automatically withdrawal from your choice of credit card, debit card or bank account. Additionally, your membership will automatically renew every year until you would like it to stop.
You can increase, decrease or cancel your membership at any time. Just contact the station at 260-452-1189 and ask to speak to someone in membership.
Why are Sustaining Members so important?
Yes, all members of 89.1 WBOI are important and help sustain our stations, regardless of how they choose to give. All 89.1 WBOI members are appreciated and encouraged to give in a manner that works best for their budget and lifestyle. With that said, Sustaining Members do benefit 89.1 WBOI in a few unique ways:
- They provide a constant stream of funding on a monthly basis.
- They help reduce on-air fundraising efforts. Because Sustaining Members auto-renew yearly, we know their support will be there, and we can count their membership towards our goal every fundraising season. Here's how it works: we tally our Sustaing Memberships and add that towards the goal in at the beginning of an on-air fund drive. Depending on how many Sustaining Members we have, that can chip away days from on-air fundraising.
There are special perks to becoming a Sustaining Member...
- Automatic entry into all station drawings
- Exclusive giveaways
- A complimentary drink at station events like Issues & Ales, Trivia Night, Listener Meet-Ups and more
- 10% off of tickets to station events - current Sustaining Members, check your email for your discount code whenever tickets go on sale!
If you have questions or feedback about our Sustaining Membership program or about your personal Sustaining Membership, contact Molly Conner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (260)-918-1082.