Part-time, Non-exempt, $14 - $16 per hour
89.1 WBOI Northeast Indiana Public Radio is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as its Development Coordinator. This capable team member will focus on customer service, data entry and letter campaigns. They will be responsible for serving members of 89.1 WBOI via phone support or email contact and other duties as directed by the Development Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with WBOI members by returning member calls and emails.
- Maintaining a database to track donation history, issue receipts, update or cancel payment information for sustaining members, etc.
- Tracking lapsed sustaining members and recapturing them.
- Organizing, ordering and fulfilling premium gifts for members.
- Batch gift entry and producing and reconciling reports with the finance manager.
- Responsible for a timely schedule of donor acknowledgements, including merging, printings and stuffing of mailings.
- Assist in planning and executing fund drives. Coordinating volunteers and staff for phone banks.
- Possible future expansion to include campaign planning, copywriting, on-air fundraising, and transitioning to full-time position.
Required education and experience
- Customer Service 1-2 years of experience; work in the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, Excel, and database work.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be friendly and professional with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases is helpful.
- Ability to collaborate humbly with volunteers, staff and donors.
- Work is completed in the office but may be transitioned to partial remote after proven track record is established.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This employee must be able to sit for several hours and be able to lift up to 25lbs.
There is some local travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NIPR is an equal opportunity employer. Working for NIPR is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at NIPR to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.