Make Me A Mask: July 4 to September 7, 2020
Face coverings are one of the most effective ways to contain the spread of COVID-19. That's why 89.1 WBOI is launching a region-wide campaign that showcases Northeast Indiana's creative spirit and supports a healthy community. WBOI is challenging all northeast Indiana residents to craft their own face mask--with an accent on fun, imagination, and creativity—the more unconventional the material the better!
WBOI's Make Me A Mask campaign will run from July 4th through September 7th. Each week, prizes will be awarded to the most creative masks in adult and youth (16 and younger) categories.
The rules are easy:
- Make a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Get a picture of you wearing it.
- Send the picture along with your name, age, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any materials may be used, including but not limited to recyclables, found objects, clothes, toys, hats, all kinds of foods (as well as their containers).
- Absolutely no photoshopping.
- Pictures entries of masks may be posted on wboi.org, social media and other public forums.
Julia Meek, WBOI arts & culture reporter and local artist, says, “ The history lore and social side of masks and masking have been a passion of mine since I was a child, and personally I believe that this is how the world can whip this thing—so let’s start right here and now!”
Make Me A Mask is Presented by Reimbold and Anderson, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.
with additional support from Beckman Lawson, LLP.