Novel Coronavirus Cases Continue To Climb
Allen County saw 81 more positive cases of COVID-19 Tuesday, bringing the total to 7,240.
The state of Indiana recorded another 1,563 cases and saw the 7-day positivity rate go up to 5.3 percent. In addition, twenty-seven new deaths were reported on Tuesday, according to the Indiana State Department of Health.
Hospitalizations were at their highest rate since mid-May with 1,288 patients admitted to receive treatment for COVID-19. ICU beds are 17 percent filled with COVID patients, and the percentage of patients on a ventilator for COVID-19 treatment is at its highest percentage since June.
Tuesday's daily counts for northeast Indiana are:
- Adams County: 17 new, 400 total
- Allen County: 81 new, 7,240 total
- DeKalb County: 10 new, 634 total
- Huntington County: eight new, 337 total
- Kosciusko County: 14 new, 1,537 total
- LaGrange County: three new, 723 total
- Noble County: 11 new, 1,028 total
- Steuben County: 21 new, 531 total
- Wabash County: five new, 326 total
- Wells County: six new, 339 total
- Whitley County: two new, 375 total
Sources include the Indiana State Department of Health and local health department reports.